Baring It All In Support Of Nudism

BRACEBRIDGE, ONT. A man who is challenging the constitutionality of Canada’s nudity laws received a boost Tuesday from a handful of naturists who descended on the small town in Ontario’s cottage country where his lawyers were making arguments.

Lawyers for Brian Coldin spent the day trying to convince an Ontario court judge that it should no longer be a criminal offence to be naked in public. About six self-described naturists were in the courtroom to support him.

“I don’t really have a nudist area that I go to so I pick areas around where I live that I can go naked,” said Tom Balint, who travelled three hours from Ontario’s Niagara region to attend the court proceedings.

“There’s always that possibility that I could get caught one day and have to face the same kind of thing.”

Balint said he risks having a criminal record if he’s found guilty, which can make it difficult to travel or find a job.

READ MORE

SOURCE: http://www.thespec.com/news/ontario/article/558692--baring-it-all-in-support-of-nudism